Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

From my garden

Everything in this vase is from my yard.
These Iris's were given to me a couple of years ago by Judy Harter. This is the first year they have bloomed. The red roses came from a massive rose bush in my back yard by my deck.

The yellow Iris's are from my old townhome down the path. I was showin' off my vase when Dee said you need some of your yellow Iris's. The yellow ones were planted back in 1997. They came from Pete's Grandma Grace's farm. Every where I move I bring a bunch with me and keep them growing. The funny story behind them is that they were purple at the farm and every year they grow in a different color.
I am going to Google the name of this Iris tomorrow. It is not as fragrant as the others but is incredible.
They smell so wonderful!
This is my living room window where we spend hours looking at the birds, squirrels, chipmunks, butterflies and humming birds.
So far this year I have a pair of yellow finches and a green finch that love the sock feeder. I WILL GET PICTURES of the little devil's if it takes all summer to do it!!!
As soon as the butterfly bushes start blooming in the front, the butterflies and humming birds will come. They normally venture in mid June. Just a couple of weeks till I will
Show off those pics.
It is my goal to have at least one picture published in Birds and Blooms magazine by next year!






No comments: