Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Silo's at Dusk~The Birds

I guess it has me because it is in the heart of Kansas City. Something you would expect in western Kansas, not near the Plaza or Downtown Kansas City. It is the heart and soul of the city. The backyard of Dr. Lee's baby~Family Health Care. An Unbrella of Health and Social Care for the underprivledged and undercared for. Service to All. Cuddled in Kansas City Kansas, viewed by all almost every night by the high crime rate and the public embarrassment. We mark the map here by crime. Bodies found in neighborhoods unclaimed. Yet this simple concrete mass that captures me by the fading light each night as I leave to my surburban home, nestled in warmth and carefree wealth of the "Johnson County" life...I hide with the rich and work with the poor. Maybe I am the bird on that silo?!





THE BIRDS
Looks like a clip from the movie "The Birds":
by Edgar Allen Poe's book.
One day I will capture a picture of them in flight.
This is the view outside of our office. It is poetic to me. It captures me in awe some days; simple, rustic, and functional. Raw beauty.
Me.


No comments: