Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Damn that movie Marley and Me!

Today is a sad day. We took Buddy, our yellow lab to the vet. As I suspected, he has many tumors. One on each hip, in his neck and on his belly. Over the past 2 weeks he has been dropping weight so fast so the tumors have become obvious. Pete thought maybe he had heart worms, wishful thinking on his part I believe.
We have 3 options for Buddy. Chemo, Steroids that will prolong his life and put him to sleep. The vet said that he may have 3 weeks or so before he gets to the point of being in pain or going downhill really fast. Buddy is almost 11 years old.

Buddy is at home right now. He is an old boy and we do not want him to suffer. The decision will be hard any way we go. Every time we look at him we frown though. All we see now is his sickness. My poor husband has been so sad since we noticed Buddy getting ill. He did not sleep at all last night because he knew Buddy was going to the vet today.

Poor Buddy. I think I will go home and make him a homemade dinner. I will give him all the things he would love to have but can't cause they say it is bad for dogs.

No comments: