Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cheif



My name is Chief. I am a 4 year old pedigreed Basset Hound (French for "rather low dog"). I was living in Half Way, Missouri until yesterday, July Fourth. Independence Day! I was trotting down the center of Mo Highway 32, right before you get to the Half Way Baptist Church (I know, I know.... what's the other half?) when I was nearly mowed down by an SUV. I followed the SUV down to the highway shed, where they stopped, hoping they'd let me in their nice, cool car. No way, Jose. But luckily, my new friend Susan turned around and came back to see about me. She didn't know me but let me get in her car, where I promptly spread around muddy paw prints and shed a bunch of hair so I'd be more comfortable. She drove me to a bunch of places, mostly where no one was home, and asked me if it was my house. Nope. Nope. Nope. Finally we pulled into my driveway. Susan knocked on the door and my dad came out and yelled at me. I cowered and rolled over on my back, hoping he wouldn't hit me. He told Susan that he couldn't do anything with me and that I wouldn't stay in the yard. I could see that Susan instantly recognized that THERE WAS NO FENCE separating my yard from busy highway 32, and appreciated the danger. She also suggested to my dad that he should not hit me. "Do you want him?" my dad asked. "I've been trying to give him away." Mind sharp as a steel trap, my new BFF Susan sized up the situation and knew that if she left me there, I would likely be run down on the highway and would definitely get a smack from my dad. We were gone before dad could change his mind. Susan is a very nice lady, but she already has three kids. Her accommodations are comfortable, but crowded. I need more space. I need someone who will take me for walks and rides in the car or who has a big back yard with maybe one or two other dogs to play with.

Is that you? If you think it might be, please Email Danaroberts76@gmail.com


Thank you for your time.

Love, Chief. P.S.


I am not capable of making puppies and play well with others, even cats. I am not accustomed to spending much time inside as I lived on a farm. My shots are about due and Susan has offered to pay for them if you would like to take me home with you.

No comments: