Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Crochet History

(Annie's Attic Pattern) I would be dangerous if I had a little girl right now...I have come so far in my crochet abilities since Chelsie has been born.

I learned how to crochet about 15 years ago and started with one huge granny square blanket for my first project. My mother in law, Mary, finally taught me the patience to sit still and go for it.

Once upon a time, I only knew about granny squares, "H" hooks, and acrylic yarns. And reading patterns was out the window. Now I own at least 3 of each size hooks, I make up designs on my own, and I fart around with patterns. I can read basic stuff, but learning more and more each day thanks to my good friend Tamara the Crochet Queen.

Happy Birthday to my Mother in Law, Mary, tomorrow.
I love you.

No comments: