Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Loom Weaving Class Oct 25 & Nov 1st

October 25th I started my Loom Weaving Class.
This class teaches how to weave on a 6 ft. Tri Loom.
Using 3 different colors and 6 skeins of yarn, I started with one color double stranded.
It was very cold at 8am and began to warm up around lunch, so I took my loom outside in the sun to work. We were on the grounds where they hold the Ren Fest.
It turned out to be a nice afternoon.

Not so hard after you get the hang of it.


This was such a great thing for me to do. I never do anything just for me. I even had the opportunity to "Cluck like a Hen" with the other ladies.
And it was a great way to depart from the 2 year anniversary of my moms passing.
The colors I picked reminded me of Turquiose, kind of Indian'ish.
I will keep this 'First Project".
I cannot wait to get started on making Christmas Gifts.


There were bees everwhere; attracted to the colors we were using.








I cannot wait till next Saturday to learn how to finish off my project.
And Then I get a 7 ft loom to take home!


Till Next week!







No comments: