Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Audio Books

Sylvia Browne was born in Kansas City, Missouri. At three years old, Sylvia's psychic powers were revealed when she announced that her grandfather was dead (he was), and that she would have a baby sister in three years.
Just as predicted, Sharon was born one month short of Sylvia's sixth birthday. Sylvia's grandmother, Ada Coil, was herself a medium; and Celeste, Sylvia's mother, grew up in a home where visions were commonplace. Although she herself was not psychic, Celeste accepted it as normal, if somewhat annoying. She did not welcome more eccentricity in her life, however, and would do nothing to encourage it in her daughter. Their lifelong relationship was strained, but Sylvia's relationship with her father was very close and loving.
Sylvia Browne is the #1 New York Times best-selling author and world-famous psychic who appears regularly on the Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live, as well as making countless other media and public appearances. She is also the president of the Sylvia Browne Corporation, and founder of her church, the Society of Novus Spirit - which celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2006.
With her down-to-earth personality and great sense of humor, Sylvia thrills audiences on her lecture tours - and she's still found the time to write a number of immensely popular books (she has a master's degree in English literature). Sylvia lives in California and plans to write as long as she can.

Sylvia Browne~Sylvia began her professional career as a psychic on May 8, 1973 with a small meeting in her home. Within one year her practice had grown very large and she decided to incorporate her business as the Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research. Wanting to make her work as professional as possible, then as now, Sylvia maintains required business licenses, is a member of a national consumer protection agency, and donates a lot of time to charitable organizations and working with police. Her business has remained in the same general vicinity since beginning her work.





So my new thing is Audio Books. My drive into work has been lightened since the weather is declining. Which means lots of time to sit in traffic complaining to myself or listening to the same-ole music over and over again. Apparently audio books have been something many others have been doing for some time, but I just now had an epiphany about them...as I sit here in my fuzzy clogs, jeans, t shirt and long sweater I believe I am aging myself. I only say that because yesterday I was in the Ford parked outside the school, listening to to Sylvia Brown on audio book, crocheting a scarf. Now, that to me, sounds like a old lady. And I love the mental picture of that. I am not minding the aging if that is the case. I even went home and made soup for dinner, that is homely. Back to the audio book...

The book I just finished is a lecture by Sylvia Brown on afterlife and death. It is not morbid, it is spiritually informative. She discusses what happens to our loved ones when they cross over and why we should not worry about them and how we can move on ourselves. I completely grabbed this audio book with out really knowing what I was getting, but now I am done with it I realize how I really did need it. I have not been dwelling on my losses lately, just missing them terribly. But listening to her reaffirmed my beliefs in what happened to them.

Like my Aunt Margo, she committed suicide January of 2007. She had many issues, mostly, I believe because she was Bi-polar and undiagnosed. My very first thought when Greg called me and I was driving across town to be at his side with the kids was, "Didn't she know that when you commit suicide you do not get into heaven?" "How could she do this?". Well, I later thought to myself, that our forgiving God would understand she was sick and really did not know what she was doing. Sylvia Brown touched on this very issue. It was like she was speaking to me, although I know she was not. It made me feel better to hear it from someone else.

She also spoke on many things such as "they are happy" We can move on. We will see them in a minute, we just have to be patient. We also have 5 exit points in our life, the 5th being our final. And under hypnosis, we could possibly remember them. We Choose to remain and finish our business. She also talks a lot about reincarnation.

I believe in this full heartily. In my opinion, God is forgiving and would never just say "you were bad, you are going to hell". No, he may reincarnate us into another life with another chance to live as a great person. We can be reincarnated may times until we "figure it out". He has a plan for us and daily hints to us the path we should lead. He does not want us to fail. He does not control us, he just created us and hopes that we learn. If not, Back you go.

She even states that just maybe, God is a woman. The last portion of her lecture is meditation. I did not try her meditations because I was in a CAR, you should appreciate that! I may have had a hard time with the mediation because she state at one point that the room you are in is pink marble and I just got the ugliest mental picture with that. Pink Marble...

Well, I recommend this audio book. It is short and very interesting. It did lift some of my questionable doubts and cleared the air.

No comments: